Monday, October 14, 2013

Soft Pretty Fall Eye Look w/ Vice 2 and Cargo!


Hi there!

   First off, I'd just like to warn you this is my very first post, as I am new to the world of blog. That being said, please bear with me as I learn to link websites and arrange pictures and do all of the little handy details that make following blogs extra awesome.

Now, on to the fun stuff!

I created a soft, pretty look for my eyes today, and it is so easy! I used colors from Urban Decay's Vice 2 palette and a couple colors from the Cargo Vintage Escape Fall Eye-Shadow Palette. If you only have Vice 2, you can probably easily sub out similar colors for the Cargo ones, and Vice-versa (ha ha)...


Okay. To begin with, I used Urban Decay's Anti-Aging Primer Potion. This is awesome to help Toxic really STICK. Oh, by the way, Toxic, from Vice 2, is the first color you use. ;-) 
Apply Toxic to the inner 2/3's of the eyelid. Really pat 'er on there, too, get it nice and opaque, in all its beautiful glory. (Toxic is one of my FAVES!) I use my angled, fluffy shadow brush from Sephora's Color Capsule brush set, but you can use your favorite color-packing-on brush. :-)


Next, grab your Cargo Vintage Escapes Palette, and pick up a bit of Frolic on your brush. I used the small, angled brush from the Cargo palette, you can use any shading brush you like. You want to be able to be a little more precise with this, so pat it on (where the blue line shows) creating the "outer 'V'", then run your brush across the top of your eye socket/bottom of browbone (where the red line shows).


 



Blend slightly. Pick up some Stash from Vice 2, applying a small amount directly where Frolic and Toxic meet, (area in green) and blend softly. 



   Now for the little details that make it perfect. Grab a brush and blend some Habit (Vice 2) above the Frolic, softening it into your browbone.



   Then, I used my angled liner brush to line the outer ⅓ of my lower lashline with Damaged from Vice 2. Then, I went over that line with a bit of Mars from the Ocho Loco 24/7 eye pencil set. This isn't necessary, but it does add a pretty flash to the already pretty green of Damaged. ;-) Use the same angled liner brush and press Chestnut (also Cargo) into the outer ⅔ of your upper lashline. (Green=Damaged, Purple = Chestnut)



   Take your littlest smudge brush to add a bit of Crisp (Cargo) to your inner tear duct area, dragging the pretty brightness of it along your lower lashline until it meets Damaged/Mars. (Placement shown in yellow below). Use a light hand, this shade (Crisp) is more intense than it appears. At night it REALLY catches light, VERY reflective, yet it looks soft during the day. Pretty cool! 
Use this same little brush to add Crisp RIGHT below your eyebrows. Add a pretty lengthening mascara (I used Buxom Amplified) and your finished! Voilá! :-D 




Add a pretty lengthening mascara to your lashes (I used Buxom Amplified) and your finished! Voilá! :-D 


Well, there it is! :-D 

I hope you gals like this look, I sure do! Plus, this eye look looks soft and amazing in the day, yet as night approached, I noticed that Frolic appeared deeper, Crisp more reflective and noticeable- I guess what I'm trying to say is, this look transforms itself from a day look to a night look all by itself! Love, love, LOVE! :-D 

Okay, I'm gonna do it. Gonna post this, right now! :-) 
Have a great day, and please give me feedback with what you find helpful or not, what I may want to change for future posts, etc. because, as I've said, I'm totally new to this. I DO think I have a lot to offer, so subscribe, and I'll do my best to keep you entertained and informed. 

 -Brianne (aka Beezy) <3






2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Awww, you made my evening! :-) Thank you! and thanks for checking out my blog! :-* <3-Beezy

      Delete